Tablature: Introducing Tchami

In the first edition of Tablature, The Tab introduces you to up-and-coming electronic artist Tchami.

Future House house House Music the tab the tab exeter

Rather rashly, bearing in mind the recent controversy surrounding house music on this paper, I have volunteered myself of bringing The Tab up-to-date with current electronic music trends.

I know a lot of you will hate it, but I hope at least some of you enjoy it.

In this first edition of Tablature, I’m singling out one particular up-and-coming artist, one who currently has a very low profile. (Edgy, I know.)

Introducing Tchami. (Yeah, we’re not sure how to say his name either.)

Based in Paris, Tchami first come onto the modern-day music scene three months ago, and this guy has been making some serious headway.

If I had to categorise Tchami, he would fall under ‘Future House,’ and I really hope that his brand of future house can tempt other artists to bring this sort of sound into the mix.

With his is unrelenting ability to churn out with captivating, mesmerizing, vice-like basslines, Tchami really stands out from the crowd. He really does do all his talking there.

Click on the image to listen to the track on YouTube.

This first track I have for you is Tchami’s own-produced ‘Promesses’.

Now ‘Promesses’ really is a dirty beat, a textbook example of his basslines, and you simply cannot stop listening to it.

To the more astute of you, you will spot this is quite clearly a precursor to the following track.

Again, click on the image to listen to it on YouTube.

Here’s his remix of AlunaGeorge’s ‘You Know You Like It’.

I’d write a bio for this track – but it really doesn’t need it.

You’re going to have to trust me on this and just left-click blindfolded.

If you’ve been paying attention, you should know the drill by now.

The third and final track is Tchami’s remix of ‘Stressed Out’ by ‘A Tribe Called Quest’.

This track in itself is a genre for which I constantly crave yet rarely satisfy: Tech Hip-House, a combination of hip-hop and a heavy-tech house beat.

When done well, it’s one of the best sounds currently out there.

Tchami’s Soundcloud page. Click on image.