Exeter shopping centre gets festive

Princesshay Shopping Centre to host Christmas light celebrations and live performances.

| UPDATED christmas Exeter lights Princesshay shopping

Princesshay is hosting the city centre’s Christmas lights event, on Thursday 21st November from 4-8pm. There will be performances from Bethany Rose Harrison, runner-up on BBC dance contest ‘So You Think You Can Dance,’ Britain’s Got Talent’s semi-finalist Billy George, and Barclay Beales, the impressive self-taught yodeller, who won Nicole over on The X Factor.

Princesshay Shopping Centre

There will also be appearances from Rob Baxter, Exeter Chiefs Head Coach, and the manager of Exeter City Football Club, Paul Tisdale.

The lights will be jointly turned on at 6.30pm by the members of the Lympstone Military Wives Choir and the Lord Mayor of Exeter.

Barclay Beales on The X Factor.

The event will be covered by Heart Radio’s breakfast presenters Matt and Caroline, while the ‘Heart Angels’ will be greeting shoppers and handing out FREE festive treats. (Everything is better when it’s free, isn’t it?)

The event marks the start of late night shopping, seeing stores staying open until 9pm every Thursday for the Christmas period – good news for those of you who leave your Christmas shopping until last minute.

Bethany Rose Harrison on ‘So You Think You Can Dance’.

The only thing that’s missing now is the ‘Coca Cola’ Christmas TV advert.