A Kink-y Night Out

The Tab’s Reviews Editor, Sophie Marston, headed down to Cavern to check out Kink’s latest student night.

cavern Exeter Kink the tab the tab exeter

If you’re looking to break away from the Timepiece Wednesday routine, get your indie on and head to Cavern for Kink, Exeter’s newest student night. Every other Wednesday Cavern is taken over by some of the UK’s best upcoming bands.

Kink launched with a bang, with MAUSI (fresh off the Reading stage) leading the night. The set was good, and the DJ followed it with a great variety of alternative and chart songs. The ever-popular Timepiece attracted a few revellers towards the end of the night, but no doubt Kink will soon have its own dedicated followers.

MAUSI provided a great launch night for KINK

One of the benefits of Cavern and Kink is the relaxed atmosphere and cosy club. A decent seating area and quick drinks service are definitely perks to a night out. Any freshers yet to head to Cavern are definitely advised to check it out soon.

Tickets are slightly more expensive than your standard night out, but you get to see the big bands of the future and Kink have managed to get the balance right between a club night and a gig.

Overall, Kink may well become a mainstay on the Exeter scene. After a successful launch night with the promise of some great nights to come, the people we spoke to seemed keen to go back… but maybe dropping the price a little would help!

For more information and tickets head over to:

or Facebook: