The Exeter Revue Meets Three Freshers

As Exeter’s newest comedy society hits the stage, George Cheetham reviews their latest efforts.

| UPDATED Comedy Exeter Revue the tab the tab exeter

Scroll down for video.

Starting university is all about getting to know people and, being human, we all love to stereotype.

If you’re looking for a run through of the people you’re bound to meet this year, you might want to check out the first video from ‘The Exeter Revue‘.

Oliver Bradley Gilford and Edd Cornforth are the brains behind Exeter’s newest comedy society, and this week they caught up with three freshers:

Daniel Drinkmoor

In the video, the characters are believable and the stereotypes are protracted enough to be funny but not offensive.

If you’ve been out in Exeter, you’ve probably noticed someone similar – and if you haven’t yet, you probably will sometime in the near future.

To be as objective as possible, we asked some other Exeter students for their opinion of The Revue.

Aristophanes Japworth

Unfortunately, they didn’t seem quite as keen as we were at The Tab:

‘I thought it was funny in parts, but it was also a bit cringe’, said one third year student.

‘It aims to depict various types of student life in a funny and stereotypical way’, said another, ‘but (it) really over-exaggerates certain aspects of Freshers and students in general’.

Joshua d’Syple

For those of you interested in joining the society, you can sign up via the Students’ Guild website.