Oh! What’s Occurrin’ in Exeter?

The Tab’s Welsh Reviews Editor, Maya Mills, gives you the lowdown on what’s occurrin’ over the next few weeks in Exeter.

BaBa Boom Terrace Party Blanket Records DJ Zinc Eats Everything Eton Messy Exeter Itchy Feet John Grant Kink Live Acts The Cavern The Lemon Grove The Phoenix the tab the tab exeter

The Tab brings you a fortnightly feature of all the best up-and-coming nights in Exeter to suit any music taste:

9th October:

KINK Opening Night: The Cavern

Headlining: Mausi; Dive In

KINK’s long-awaited opening night is set to be a big one with huge electro-pop sensations kicking the night off followed by local DJs.

11th October:

BaBa Boom Terrace Party: The Phoenix

Something different for all those who fancy something other than Top 40 Tunes or House events. The Phoenix is throwing a Reggae Night to spice things up a bit.

12th October:

Eats Everything: The Phoenix

Bristolian Dance phenomenon Daniel Pearce is headlining one of Exeter’s biggest and most exciting venues.

13th October:

Itchy Feet: Arena

Everyone’s favourite vintage dance night – regardless of music taste. Come get your fix of all things Funk, Soul, Rock ‘n’ Roll, Swing, Rhythm & Blues, Reggae and Ska.

16th October:

Blanket Record presents John Grant: Lemon Grove

John Grant, a former member of alternative rock band of The Czars, has reinvented himself as solo artist and is headlining at the Lemmy. True to their mission of encouraging more exciting live music in Exeter, this is one of many gigs to come organised by student-founded company, Blanket Records.

19th October:

DJ Zinc & Eton Messy: The Phoenix

For those of you seeking some drum and bass or some funky breakstep, DJ Zinc is your man. For those of you needing the more chilled-out vibes of Eton Messy, on the other hand, the 19th is a date for your diary.