Lucy at the Lemmy

As described by The Telegraph, “the gentle, folky, confidential” tones of Lucy Rose will be gracing The Lemon Grove this Monday, 20th May. Her gig- The Middle of the Bed- […]

As described by The Telegraph, “the gentle, folky, confidential” tones of Lucy Rose will be gracing The Lemon Grove this Monday, 20th May.

Her gig- The Middle of the Bed- is one of the most upcoming bands the Lemmy has seen this year, which has been initiated by Blanket Recordings; a company established and run purely by young people from Exeter’s university and college.

Having made a great impression whilst touring with bands such as Bombay Bicycle Club and Noah and The Whale, Rose has now made a stunning solo album “Like I Used To”.

For those of you wanting to branch out of your usual musical comfort-zone and attend Lucy’s gig on Monday, I highly recommend you check out her addictive track “Shiver”… as it will have that exact same effect on you!

Blanket Recordings – the organisers behind the event – are a record and promotions company started up by Exeter’s very own guitar slapping sensation, Lewis Lawrence, last September, with the help of colleagues from the Phoenix.

Their idea sprung from the lack of good, live, music in Exeter, despite its wealth in local talent. Anyone attempting to conquer the industry will know how tough it is to achieve success; this was also inspiration for instigating Blanket Recordings.

An exciting venture for Blanket “Promotionions”…

The idea is to make a fully functional record and promotions company, entirely run by young people for those upcoming artists with limited opportunities. So far Blanket Records have a team of around a dozen university and college students responsible for marketing and PR events to further the company’s name.

On sale at the Lucy Rose gig this coming Monday will also be local musician Aidan Simpson’s first EP on sale, recorded and produced by Blanket Records as well.

Just like us, Blanket Records are excited to have organised such a big name to perform at the University’s Lemmy. Struggling on with the mission to bring great music to us at Exeter, Blanket Records have also been said to be arranging gigs from great talent such as Daughter and John Grant.

For those fancying a great night of raw Indie Folk flair this Monday then details for tickets are can be found here.

Not only is this a fantastic opportunity to support real music from real talent, but to also show our fellow students at Blanket Record our appreciation for their efforts.