Exeter Summer Ball Cancelled

Powderham Castle event pulled due to “unforeseen circumstances”.

| UPDATED exclusive

The Exeter Summer Ball’s organisers have announced the event’s cancellation.

The ball, due to be held on the 6th of June at Powderham Castle, had been subject to criticism from punters and Tab writers alike, due to steep ticket prices, the withholding of the line-up and the organisers’ lack of connection to Exeter.

In a Facebook post earlier today, the ball’s organisers attributed the ball’s cancellation to “unforeseen circumstances”.

Students are already voicing their opinions on the axing of the ball. Third year Drama student Dan Hartley said “surely this was a no brainer? The anonymity behind it and the fact their ‘promo’ video was all stolen material suggests it was just people trying to make a quick buck. No confirmation of any acts or ticketing, just a mystery Facebook page.

“Also no disrespect to them (all disrespect actually) the whole thing was terribly un-original and un-inspiring. Yet another ‘promoter’ thinking that circus performers and people on stilts is the only way to sell a ‘ball.’

“If good content and an original hook is offered, all that is needed is a good sales team. They appeared to have neither, just the ability to poorly construct a Facebook page with some tepid teasing about what was supposedly on offer.”

What are your views on the ESB cancellation? Comment below and let us know.