No more BUCS? Try Touch Duckes!

The First XV club preview next month’s annual touch rugby and rounders tournaments.

The First Fifteen Club are proud to announce the un-missable eighth annual Touch Duckes Tournament will be held Thursday 6  – Friday 7 June, with a fantastic Après Rugby party being held on the Thursday night at Timepiece.

‘Touch Duckes’ is an invitational two-day touch rugby and rounders tournament coupled with some fantastic après rugger at the premier student nightspot – Timepiece.

This event is all about fun in the sun and the focus is as much on the spectators and the side-lines as it is on the rugby.

With a combination of free entry for spectators, drinks and live music these two days are absolutely un-missable.

We will as ever be donating proceeds to charity, and have selected the Matt Hampson Trust and the RFU Injured Players Foundation to benefit from this year’s proceeds.

Last year’s tournament boasted 600 participates of which players of all standards are invited to play touch rugby and rounders for the finer sex!

With music, food, beers and our new stylish TD Beaters sponsored by Rampant Sporting for all participants, this two-day festival is set to be a fantastic end to the year.

Team entries must be submitted before 10 May. Due to the popularity of the event we are expected to reach capacity before this date so enter your teams sooner rather than later. EURFC club captain Bertie Haskins can’t wait for the event, telling us how “this is my third year being involved in the First Fifteen Club’s Touch Duckes and it’s amazing how much the event has grown!

“It’s not just the sporting competition but the whole environment created by players and supporters alike that make TD so special.

“Exeter students past and present along with friends from around the country flood back to Duckes Meadow for the occasion. This is really one not to be missed!”

All details on how to enter can be found on the Facebook event.

Check out more photos from last year here.