Exeter Slides Down Student Survey

Exeter slides down to 26th in Times Student Experience Survey

The Times have slammed Exeter to 26th place in their Student Experience Survey, revealing our shops and bars are overpriced – but at least we’ve got a decent library.

Over 100 students from each University took part in The Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2013 with Exeter coming out on a par with Leicester and Surrey.

Surveys taken between October 2011 and July 2012 asked 12,000 students to rate their own university on 21 different criteria that ranged from high-quality staff/lectures to a good students’ union.

Each category had a seven-point scale, with Exeter’s lowest mark of 4.4 for cheap shop/bar/amenities and our highest at 6.4 for a good library and opening times.

The University of East Anglia topped the charts with an overall score of 84.8, praised for its small class sizes and close-knit campus, showing size does not matter. Oxford came in close second with its total of 84.2 and Sheffield in joint third with Cambridge at 83.9.

However, the rankings left Exeter with a pitiful overall score of 78.8.

Exeter did manage to top East Anglia in one category… The number of respondents to the survey, which definitely shows we’re more helpful students (therefore better in every way, obviously).