Cat Defenders Could Catch Culprit

Exeter cat killer could be caught after local Cat Defenders group battles for justice

Cat Defenders claim to have information on the identity of the killer, who shot two cats with an airgun.

After a successful response on the Cat Defenders hotline, set up in Exwick after the shootings, the group believe they know who the culprit is and where they live.

The group has been making use of specialist equipment and investigative skills to take the investigation further, starting a leaflet campaign to raise awareness of the cat killer.

The Cat Defenders are on the prowl

The Cat Defenders are on the prowl…

Reports have been made to the group about gun fire heard in areas where the public frequently walk, which the group co ordinator considers a flagrant disregard for the safety of others.

Other information has revealed that the killer is not just targeting cats, but other wildlife as well.

The reward offered for the successful prosecution of the cat killer now stands at £750.

The Cat Defenders co-ordinator, who asks not to be named, said: “The response has been excellent, one particular name has been given to us twice. We also have a very good idea of where the shooter lives.

Several people have reported hearing an air weapon being discharged in a specific area while people have been walking, which shows how reckless, or malicious, the shooter is.

If anyone has any information that they haven’t yet called in, please do so.”

You can contact the Exwick Cat Defenders Hotline by calling 07974 518 036.