Mental Health Week on Campus

Check out the sessions on campus this week for the vitally important National Mental Health Awareness week

mental health week

With one in four people suffering from a mental illness, it’s likely you know someone with a mental health problem.

This week, a number of student-led workshops will take place across campus, in which students will have the opportunity to discuss mental health problems and receive information with regards to different methods of coping with such illnesses.

These sessions aim to break down the silence surrounding mental health issues and bring Exeter’s community closer together.

For those suffering with mental health difficulties, or those close to someone with a mental health problem, information on local support services will be provided at each event.

All events will be held in “safe spaces”, and everyone will be equally valued and given the chance to raise questions in a comfortable atmosphere (and also with free drinks and snacks!)

Whether you are a long-term sufferer of a mental illness or just interested in finding out more, make sure you come along to one of the sessions!

For more information, check out the Facebook page.

Note: Wednesday event at 11.30am, not 1pm

Mind Your Head, the mental health awareness society, are also running some events during the week, including a yoga session and a workshop on “The Mind and Music”. More information can be found here.