Dodgy laptops: Beware

JCS – Exeter is on a mission to banish broken technology from campus at student-friendly prices and if they can’t fix it, they won’t charge for it.

If your house mate has sat on your new mac laptop and smashed the screen, or if football manager got too intense and you chucked your laptop at the wall, The Tab has an affordable solution for you.

Jack Stephens will take on any problem, no matter how minor. He says his company is ‘small enough to care but big enough to cope’.

The mini-store offers cheap repairs and refurbished laptops at competitive rates. For example, a replacement Macbook screen will only burn you £110, rather than Apple’s price of £350. Or, for the unpretentious, a 15.6″ laptop screen replacement would be an average of £75, rather than £250. Just because we’re all bloody minted, doesn’t mean we can’t be price savvy.

JCS do house calls, even if you’re an idiot: Jack recently rushed out “to help what sounded like a distressed student who had an essay to hand in the next morning” to find out “‘his battery was dead and the charger wasn’t turned on at the wall”.

If you want JCS to come to your rescue, call 01392 340 359, get on www.jcs-exeter.com, or head to the ground floor of Devonshire House.