A Slice of Exeter Student Heaven

Mouldy walls, broken boilers and casual trainers are not allowed on the premises.

| UPDATED Posh houses

These new open plan Georgian apartments are the foie gras of rented accommodation, offering only the finest for the student wishing to live in the lap of luxury. Think Holland Hall, but less hotel and more Made in Chelsea.

Located two minutes’ walk from the city centre in Southernhay’s Dean Clarke House (less distance to carry your bottles of champagne home from the shops), the brand-new lofts feature 100mb broadband, HD TV with your license included in the bills, and a chance to relive your childhood days by climbing up almost vertical, bunk-bed style steps to reach your bedroom.

One downside – your mates in the lounge will be able to hear you copulating in your room, but it’s worth it for the opulent upholstery.

Although dedication to your loft is essential – contracts begin September 1 and last 51 weeks – you’re given twice the space of your typical student room, with some lofts measuring a staggering 54 square metres.

And if you’re into the rustic look, you can enjoy the shabby-chic exposed ceilings that will remind you of mummy and daddy’s farmhouse out in the Cotswolds.

With prices starting from £100 per week, you’d be as daft as going to Arena on a Saturday if you didn’t at least go have a look.

Bookings are open now, so if you’re interested in joining the elite, visit www.deanclarkelofts.co.uk or head over to the Facebook page.