Thick As Thieves: Dirtybird Blowout

Champions of Exeter electronic scene announce massive summer event.

| UPDATED exclusive

From their humble beginnings in the autumn of 2011, Thick As Thieves have transformed the Exeter electronic scene beyond all recognition.

Through week after week of vastly improving student residents, major bookings from across the country and filthy-cheap Jägerbombs, the Cellar Door has become a sacrosanct jewel in Exeter’s otherwise rusted nightlife crown.

The summer may seem a long time away – the other side of Easter, exams and, Lord help us, dissertation hand-ins. But the team behind the most in-demand nights of our too-short student lives are thinking ahead – for all of us.

Friday 7th of June 2013 sees a momentous occasion in the chronicles of underground music in Exeter, as the Thieves team up with Dirtybird, one of the most prolific dance labels today, for a party at the 800-capacity Exeter Phoenix.

Shadowchild, Kill Frenzy, Kry Wolf and Friend Within head up a bill that celebrates all aspects of the Exeter dance scene.

The Thieves aren’t alone in their exploits – supporting stages will be run with a bit of help from their little brothers Exit, their ear-plug pedalling buddies in the Beats & Bass Society and the Cavern-dwelling Our House residents.

The night is set to be a fitting farewell to many of Exeter’s top student DJs who will (hopefully) be graduating in July, as well as an all-round celebration of the city’s fully-fledged dance music community.

The boys behind the noise expressed excitement about the night, with founding Thief Harry Horsfall saying “this is the big one, a mad party to say thanks for all the good times we have had and the contribution everyone has made.”

TaT founder and resident Tonic aka Will Wadham, echoed this sentiment, declaring “if I fail my degree because of this, it will still be worth it.”

Early bird tickets are on sale from Sunday for £10 from the TaT website. For more details, check out the Facebook event here, and keep an eye on the Tab over the next few weeks for your chance to bag yourself a pair of free tickets.