Guild President Banned from The Ram after aggression towards student

Nick “Welshy” Davies is punished after verbally abusing student

exclusive

Following a formal complaint against him, Nick “Welshy” Davies has been banned from The Ram and The Lemmy for 10 calendar days.

The complaint was made by a student of The University of Exeter following an altercation in Arena Nightclub.

Banned..Nick ‘Welshy’ Davies

The student involved told The Tab: “Nick Davies verbally assaulted me. His behaviour was disgusting, intimidating and so inappropriate it is hard to put into words.”

The student added: “I’m very upset with the ‘punishment’ that has been handed out, but the Guild has taken steps to listen to me and is working on ensuring that the right action is taken, which I am pleased about.”

The panel at the hearing last week recommended that The Guild President send a written apology to the student, but at the time of writing, this has not occurred.

The Guild issued the following statement: ‘A complaint against the Guild President was made and upheld’.

The upheld complaint was made under the section 2.2.8. of the Guild Complaints Policy: ‘Bringing the Guild or its’ affiliated groups or organisations into disrepute.’