XJAM

Last weekend on March 1st, our Business School held the third Global Service Jam. Teams from across the globe were given 48 hours to create projects incorporating creativity and customer […]

Last weekend on March 1st, our Business School held the third Global Service Jam.

Teams from across the globe were given 48 hours to create projects incorporating creativity and customer experience whilst using a design-based approach to particular problems.

Working in teams, students had to develop new services based on a shared theme, creating prototypes and providing all the information needed to physically form their project in reality.

Supported by our excellent Mentors and Specialist Providers, Exeter was the only location in the UK south of London to hold a jam, joined by countries as diverse as Argentina and Vietnam.

120 cities took part with almost 3000 people involved, creating over 500 projects. XJam created two key projects, ‘Home Link: A toolkit for community engagement. Match up needs of different groups with available time and skills’ and ‘Daisy: your personal, private journal and secret digital locker to record and reflect on for your innermost thoughts, memories and emotions.’

To read more about the projects and see the advertising videos head on to the site.