Serial Student Groper Pleads Guilty

A man repeatedly groped female students in the Royal Albert Memorial Museum, on the High Street and around campus.

A local man has confessed to groping women across Exeter in a series of attacks.

A woman was groped in the RAMM

32-year-old Szczepan Majcherczyk from Powderham Crescent pleaded guilty to five charges – including three sexual assaults and two sexually motivated public order offences – and now faces a prison sentence.

The attacks took place between 16-20 February.

Prosecutor Lyndsey Baker told the court: “The victims were primarily students from the university.”

The first attack involved Majcherczyk touching a woman inappropriately at Exeter’s Royal Albert Memorial Museum.

Baker said: “He made a comment to her, saying, ‘There are lots of sexy girls at the museum, would you like to go out with me tonight?’. She said, ‘No, thank you.’

“He followed her closely and placed his hand on her bottom. The incident was captured on CCTV.”

Another girl was attacked in Tesco Metro

Majcherczyk also approached girls on Pennsylvania Road, at the uni’s main library and at the Tesco Metro store on the High Street.

Majcherczyk is in custody, and will appear at Exeter Crown Court on 4 April. He faces a prison sentence of 12 months.