What the FORK?

Don’t be greedy, give to the needy!

| UPDATED charity fork tearfund

Ever thought that too much of your student loan is going towards campus’s culinary delights? How about skipping a meal (breakfast, champagne brunch, lunch or dinner) on February 22 and help support Exeter’s latest charity event FORK.

FORK is a one day event which encourages students to skip one meal on February 22 and donate the money that they would have spent on this meal to Tearfund, a charity which works globally to help communities work their own way out of poverty by providing suitable training and equipment.

Charlie Brown, a second year Exeter law student and founder of FORK told The Tab how she was chosen by Tearfund to be an “Emerging Influencer” on campus and was asked to set up a project or campaign to raise money and awareness of global hunger.

Inspired by recent statistics that 1 in 8 people go to bed hungry each night Charlie felt compelled to set up a project to help combat this issue and hopes that “people will see FORK as a simple and practical way to get involved and make a positive difference to issues of global hunger.”

FORK can be found in the Forum, everyday next week from 11-4, and will be handing out envelopes which will you will return the following week containing the money that you would have spent on an overpriced Marketplace sandwich or your Timepiece Burger.  Simple as that.

For more information visit: www.tearfund.org or the FORK Facebook page