The Oscars ain’t got nothing on us

Glitzy awards, live coverage, and industry big dogs will be sprawling over Exeter campus as XTV hosts the 40th National Student Television Conference.

| UPDATED awards NaSTA xtv

Hundreds of delegates from student television stations will descend on Exeter on April 5 for a weekend of seminars, workshops and mixing with media industry professionals.

NaSTA is coming to campus

The event will be held across campus, with participants staying in Holland Hall (best keep them away from Lafrowda), workshops taking place in the Forum, a Welcome Party in the RAM and the awards night in the Great Hall.

The Golden Bodge – a NaSTA conference tradition – will also take place, where mixed student TV station teams are given a genre and a line to make a one-chance-only 1 minute film, where the favourites are voted for.

The night will see 22 award winners and 21 Highly Commended awards be handed out. Categories include Best News, Best Drama and the new Best Writing award, and are judged by industry professionals, who are yet to be named.

XTV has undergone months of training to broadcast what will be their biggest event, with volunteers streaming the awards night live over the Web.

Exeter University and XTV (Exeter’s student TV) won the right to host the 40th National Student Television Conference back in April 2012.

Hugh Blackstaffe, Host Coordinator, said: “NaSTA 40 is the flagship student media event, and one that XTV is honoured to be hosting. The event is intended to be the shining example of what our student community can do, raising the profile of our Student Guild, our University and especially our X-Media.”