Tabby Birthday to Us!

Editor Matt McDonald gives you a highlights reel of the Tab’s first year.

A year ago to this day, the Exeter Drop launched, another branch on the Tab family tree. Brought to Exeter by Jack Saxton and edited by Antonia Hawken and myself, we had a modest start and no idea just how big this paper could get.

After a cheeky rebrand in the summer, the Tab is now bigger than ever. We’ll be celebrating our first birthday in Mosaic tonight, so come and join us for a free shot or two. If you’re lucky enough to own a Tab t-shirt, wear it out!

As we look back, we thought we’d share with you our top 5 biggest stories since we launched on the 1st February 2012.

5. SSB In Pics

No surprise this one was so popular, with 5,556 views so far, you couldn’t wait to see what wonderful costumes you’d forgotten you’d seen the night before.

4. Exeter Freshers Bare Their Rococos For Battle Of The Halls

More naked people, this time just freshers, as 5,912 of you read our piece in preparation for the legendary Battle of the Halls.

3. Exeter’s Fittest Freshpants: Vote Here

We teamed up with Original Sin and truelad.com for this piece, which got 8,723 views. The eventual winner of the contest ended up as our deputy fashion editor!

2. Blowmeo and Juliet

The story that blew the world away…with 25,906 views to date, the Ram blowy scandal is a real mouthful.

1. Hockey Fresher Loses Fives, Finds Himself In Edinburgh

Our most read article over the past year, with 31,299 hits, you loved hearing about the shenanigans at the Men’s Hockey Club end of year social. We are still looking forward to Edinburgh’s return leg next month.