BBC documentary presented by Exeter Uni professor

The Industrial Revolution is brought to life by Jeremy Black, a History professor at Exeter University.

| UPDATED history industrial revolution Jeremy Black

Exeter University’s very own history professor, Jeremy Black, has taken to the BBC in a new documentary on the Industrial Revolution.

Why the Industrial Revolution Happened Here is presented by Black and charts how sleepy and agriculturally focused Britain rose to become one of the world’s greatest influences during the nineteenth century.

The documentary guides the viewer to show how the use of coal and breakthroughs in technology and political thinking helped build Britain dominate.
Black examines two of the biggest questions surrounding the Industrial Revolution, wondering why did the industrial revolution happen when it did? And why did it happen here in Britain?
Black does Exeter University proud by being interesting and entertaining, as opposed to dreadfully dull as may be the case unless the Industrial Revolution is your thing.

It is a brilliant excuse for educational procrastination and after all, that counts as work… Right? So, if you are sick of The Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother and fancy getting in touch with some of our deepest roots, then head over to IPlayer and get some culture on the go!