EURFC England Call-Ups

4 EURFC members past and present have made the England Students squad to face Portugal today.   Former Exeter student Matt Chambers, playing for his 3rd year running for England […]

4 EURFC members past and present have made the England Students squad to face Portugal today.

Former Exeter student Matt Chambers, playing for his 3rd year running for England Students, starts at Number 8, whilst 2nd year Rob Coote, a dual-registered Cornish Pirates/Chiefs Academy player, starts at scrum half.

On the bench are 3rd year Mike Pope, a utility back, and 2nd year Jamie Gray, a second row, both Chiefs academy players.

Rob Coote

Exeter’s 4 in the match-day squad is an impressive show of strength, and bodes well for next month’s varsity against a Bath side that can only provide 2 players to the England Students squad, both on the bench.

Matches in the last 3 years have proved very competitive, with Portugal winning the last 3, each by under 5 points – a good showing from the makeshift student side against the 22nd ranked nation in the world.