Students dominate at the Exeter Northcott Theatre

Nicole Laffan on the term ahead in theatre.

This year looks set to be seriously exciting for student theatre groups.

Cementing their strong relationship with the University even further, The Exeter Northcott Theatre will host ambitious productions from our three largest societies; EUTCO, Footlights and the Gilbert and Sulivan society, throughout January and February.

This means that locals as well as students will be able to watch amateur dramatics within a professional setting, giving many budding actors and actresses a fantastic opportunity to perform and fundraise for their societies.

Footlights’ ‘Copacabana’ is a Barry Manilow musical which follows aspiring songwriter Stephen and his creation Lola, as they try to hit the big time on the streets of New York.

‘Amadeus’, is the latest treat from EUTCO who take a look at the thrilling relationship between Mozart and court composer Salieri.

Lastly, the Gilbert and Sullivan society’s ‘The Pirates of Penzance’ will be a musical following Frederic as he struggles with his duty to the pirate trade, alongside his own hopes and dreams.

Student ticket prices start from a very reasonable £8 and the shows look set to be incredible, so go along for a night of culture and to show your support!

Follow the Exeter Northcott Theatre on facebook, or twitter for the latest updates.