Blowmeo and Juliet

VIDEO: the tale of two star-crossed lovers which set Exeter alight

It’s the rumour on every Exeter student’s lips since that fateful night in December. CCTV footage of two guests engaged in sexual activity was filmed on a phone and circulated via WhatsApp.

The Tab received the video at the start of the year and took legal advice on Monday, when we decided we could not publish the video. In this particular set of circumstances. There is legal precedent, thanks to Z-listers Calum Best and Lizzy Jagger.

Earlier today, we asked you whether you thought we should publish the video. An overwhelming 83% of you thought we should…you filthy buggers.

‘Difficult time’

The Guild needlessly spunked their cash on letters from lawyers, which we can’t publish.

They later sent us the following statement: “The Students’ Guild recognises that confidential CCTV footage has been filmed without our permission.

“The Guild is making sure the affected parties will be supported during this difficult time.

“Measures were in place to provide high levels of security, but we are aware that irresponsible behaviour has taken place and we are working hard to rectify the situation.

“A full investigation is underway in which action proportionate to the seriousness of the situation will be taken.”

The Tab says: gotcha!