UNI STUDENTS OFFER SMASHING ALTERNATIVE TO THE APPLE STORE

Cracked your phone and dignity at SSB? Thanks to fellow uni students, at least you can fix your phone

| UPDATED cracked imended iphone

A cracked iphone screen can seem like the end of the world, but enterprising Exeter Uni students are here to help you through this tough time.

Entrepreneurs Ed Latham and Alex Nechoroskovas have established iMended which provides a cheaper alternative to the extortionate prices demanded by the Apple store.

Based at The Innovation Centre on campus, the team offer clients a convenient service by picking up the broken iPhone or iPod and returning it after fixing.

The student-run business is highly efficient, returning the fixed iphone within the day – they understand the difficulty of handling the withdrawal symptoms of a student separated from their phone for too long. They also take customer satisfaction seriously by offering a one year warranty.

Having fixed around 200 devices, the University has recognized their success and have offered great support, including advice and funding the business £4000, enabling them to create a professional website and providing the opportunity to set up franchises in other cities.

For all the aspiring entrepreneurs out there, Ed’s advice: “Find someone who can offer you practical advice, it is a great experience and gives you something amazing to talk about!”

For more information, visit the iMended website www.imended.com