Got any plans for Monday night?

Don’t fancy people seeing you in your smalls? Love flashing some flesh but don’t want to cough up £42 to do so? Here’s our guide to what’s on offer as an SSB alternative on Monday night.

Its that time of year again; Ann Summer’s stockings and push up bra’s being bought in multitudes, bottles of fake tan and eyelashes flying of the shelves, boys hitting the gym to make sure their ‘guns’ are smoking hot and stocking up on their condom supply just in case they pull on the big night… That’s right, its time for Exeter’s one and only SSB night to shine (and strip). But for the many that want to keep the flesh covered, the others who are broke and the minority that believes tribal as a theme is ‘racist’ (check out the Campaign Against Racist Safer Sex Ball Theme on Facebook for some great and yet pointless debates).

Then what’s the score on what to do if you don’t have the golden (or green) ticket?

First off, for those lucky enough that have not used up every penny of their student loan (and overdraft), Monday Arena is one of the places the head for the Bear Back Ball, where you dirty sexy people can enjoy a night of cheap drinks (in comparison to the prices of drinks at SSB!) and lots of naked flesh. But even better, the night’s event is also supporting a wildlife charity: Freethebears.org, and 25p for every advance ticket bought will be donated to the charity. Advance tickets are £3.50 (a far cry from SSB’s £42!). Basically, you get a cheap, naked and fun night and all for the sake of helping out the bears, so don’t feel too guilty about that hangover on Tuesday morning.

Hate Arena or maybe just don’t like bears that much? Then get down to Mosaic’s 4Play Presents Kinky night. 4play guarantees you that it “will be rammed with some of the best talent that Exeter has to offer” (debatable…) but its set to be “one saucy night”, and with a no explanation needed dress code, feel free to cover up as much flesh, flab or fab as you want. However, your hangover the next morning will NOT be guilt free, as no money from the event will be going to any type of human or animal related charity. But then again, with drink prices as cheap as Mosaic, who can blame you for that pounding head and the girl naked beside you in your bed?

For the broke (with whom I so dearly sympathise with), you can always throw your own house underwear party! Just like a normal house party, but in your underwear – how easy and sexy is that? Although if you do decide to throw your own underwear party make sure you don’t get roped into playing strip poker, unless if you want a naked party (or a more appropriate term for such a party might be an ‘orgy’ or ‘swingers party’).

Feast on a different type of sausage…

Last and not least, for those who like to keep their flesh left to the imagination, why not get festive and throw a Christmas end of term party? Just get every to chip in £3 or £5 and you can whip up a tasty and boozy feast – turkey and clothes included! Poundsaver on Sidwell Street or Wilkinson’s have cheap festive decorations, and as for every festive celebration, Christmas crackers are a must (we all want that mini screwdriver kit, and now the time has come!)

Whatever you and your friends decide to do, just remember kids, keep it safe (sexually and alcoholically) and have some naked or not so naked fun. A wise man once said, “don’t be silly and wrap your willy”, so take note boys and girls. Or, in the words of Coach Carr from the film Mean Girls: “Don’t have sex, because you will get pregnant and die.”