Mo Selecta!

Deputy editor Katie Whelan gives you a run-down of Exeter’s facial hair fixation!

Opening our advent calendars on Saturday signalled the end of one magnificent month: Movember. Established in Melbourne, Australia this now global phenomenon has become an annual celebration of facial fur. The humble moustache is now a tool to raise awareness and funds for testicular cancer while providing a platform for male camaraderie and mo-themed Facebook statuses. Gaining momentum each year, Movember members unite to display the facial art bestowed on the male race and Exeter students have been no exception to this cause.

Skipping the early days of stubble rash and whiskers, the fully formed facial trophies of Exeter students are presented below. Although not exclusive to the male population, the task of grooming, conditioning and nurturing of each mo required incredible dedication and emotional stamina. Some were shining beacons of facial glory whereas others harked back to memories of pre-pubescent facial fluff.

From the classic Top Gun ‘Goose’ tache to the more adventurous ‘Monkey Tail’, let The Tab present you with Exeter’s best and worst Movembers. Congratulations Team Movember!

Tyler Johnson – the Mo-na Lisa.

Editor Matt McDonald taking a break from “mo”-derating the Tab.

Sponsor Matt here!

Mark Goulder – rugby league “mo”-cial sec.

Sponsor Mark here!

Tom Cooke – resident DJ at “Mo”-saic.

EURFC 5s captain Rory Macrae dying his “mo”-nkey tail blue.

Harry Calvin Williams and Alex Hawkes of “Lafrowda Team Mo”.

Commited Mo Members: Freshers Harry Calvin Williams (left) and Alex Hawkes formed ‘Lafrowda Team Mo’. Raising £2000 for charity, the boys celebrated End of Movember with a WW1 pilot party and homemade t-shirts. We salute you gents!