Bratwurst, Baubles and Christmas Buzz

It really does seem like Christmas is coming to town…

| UPDATED christmas Market

Exeter’s Cathedral Green is to host a Christmas Market for the very first time.

The Market opened on Friday 23 November and will be awaiting your potential present perusal until Sunday 16 December.

Stalls are open 10am–8pm on Monday to Wednesday, from 10am–9pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and from 11am–5pm on a Sunday.

Stalls offer a festive mix of food products, handmade gifts, Christmas decorations and other crafts.

The Market is supposedly inspired by Continental Markets but with a Devonshire twist and it will display the best of what the South-West has to offer. (Although The Tab is partial to one of the hefty Bratwurst’s on offer at the Market on a chilly afternoon of Chrismas shopping…)

The new Christmas Market is said to have been welcomed both by Exeter City Council and the Dean of Exeter as something that will create a merry, Christmas buzz in the City centre.

The unique market will end with the Exeter Nativity Procession on Sunday 16 December.

And if that isn’t Christmassy enough for you, here’s a list of festive fun going on in the Guildhall for your to get your fix (there’s even a Santa’s Groto!)