Exeter Get Back in the Saddle

Rebecca Lodder anticipates big things ahead for one of Exeter’s most up and coming clubs.

Exeter University Riding Club is hoping to continue the successes of last year, and make just as big an impact in this season’s team competitions. Their achievements led to a great mock competition being set up for all of the club which was thoroughly enjoyed by over 30 members at the end of last term.

They’re a friendly bunch

The 2011-12-season saw the BUCS 1st team finish 3rd overall in their league, (despite one competition being delayed due to all of the outside schools being frozen!), the BUCS 3rd team qualify for regionals and the BUCS 2nd team come 2nd in their league.

Now the new teams have been picked with many of the riders who contributed to these successes returning to retain and improve on their achievements. Of over 100 members, nearly 40 competed at the team trials.

A veritable Frankel

We would also like to congratulate all those who made the teams this year as the standards were very high, and want to give Tab readers some names to look out for in the future as Exeter’s champion horse riders.

The 1st team captain Harriet Croome will be joined by Hannah Mann, Emily Dawson and Imogen McMurray. The 2nd team of Eleanor Sweeney, Amelia Green and Sarah Blake will be captained by Rosie Leigh, while the 3rd team comprises captain Kathryn Jarvis, Sophie Davies, Laura Copeman and Mathilde Espitalier Noel.

If you’d like to find out anymore about the riding club, check out the website or email us.