Hot foot it over to Princesshay!

A 20 foot fire walk will be taking place at the main square of the Princesshay on 1st November to raise money for the MS Society.

| UPDATED fire walk MS Society Princesshay

A 20 foot fire walk will be taking place at the main square of the Princesshay on November 1 to raise money for the MS Society.

Participants include the Lord Mayor of Exeter and Councillor Rob Newby. After a motivating training session, which will teach those involved how to take part in the 9pm event safely by putting mind over matter, the challenge is to walk over embers burning at around 1200 degrees Fahrenheit.

The event will raise money for research into multiple sclerosis, which affects around 1900 people in Devon. Symptoms include loss of sight and cognitive function, extreme fatigue and depression.

Sign-ups are still open. The registration fee is £25 and a minimum of £125 sponsorship needs to be raised. More information can be found at www.mssociety.org.uk/firewalk , www.princesshay.com or by searching for the event on Facebook.

Councillor Rob Newby said: “I am really looking forward to the challenge – as a former firefighter, I must remember not to put the fire out!”