O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Jess Phillips previews Brother and Bones’ return to Exeter.

For those of who have joined the Mama Stones team down on a Tuesday night, you’ll know that it’s a far cry from your average night in Exeter. The comfy Moroccan cushions, the shisha pipes, the cocktails and the curry (a free meal never goes a miss).

But on Tuesday 6th November, Brother and Bones will be playing as part of their UK headline tour. After an incredibly busy year last year supporting Ben Howard on his European tour, some of you may have already seen them.

From smashing cymbals and stamping feet to sensitive harmonies lead by Rich Thomas, these guys offer such a diverse sound to their music. Their ability to switch between the two and their confidence in allowing silence, is an art in which not many artists have mastered.

(c) Matt Holloway

As a recent Guardian review put it, “they’re one of the only bands around that managed to capture the essence of their live shows and replicate it once in the studio”.

Their new highly regarded EP ‘For All We Know’ is to be released on 12th November, so to see them in such an intimate venue at this stage is a rare opportunity.
For tickets follow the link here.

A track from their new EP ‘I See Red’:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAStgQotKb8