What’s in Your Wardrobe?

Tom Cooke, resident ‘Our House’ and Mosaic DJ, talks to us about his style. Who wouldn’t want to know what’s inside the ‘phunkiest’ wardrobe on Springfield…?

Hi Tom, how would you describe your style? 

God made me phunky and I’m just glad he made me that way.

Favourite shops?

My favourite shop is ASOS – both the marketplace and the online shop have a huge selection of stuff and their returns policy is probably the easiest of any online shop. Other than that I generally shop around quite a bit, I don’t attribute my style to one particular brand or shop.

God made him phunky

Who would you say your style icon is? 

My style icon would have to be my Grandad. He’s where I get my Jamaican genes from and my obsession with loud, colourful clothing. I have such fond memories of the crazy colour combinations he used to wear in the dampest and most un-Jamaican, English winters.

Do you plan what you wear? 

If I’m just going onto campus I’m not one of those people who will pristinely select an outfit for each day of the week – instead I will vaguely try to remember not to wear the same shirt twice in a week.. If I’m going on a date, or DJing at an important night I’ll always think more carefully!

So you’re obviously influenced by music… care to share 3 songs you can’t get out of your head?

LB Lynam – Get Things Straight

Jeremih – Fuk U All The Time

Four Tet – Jupiters