Uni Shuts Down Confessions

Popular ‘Exeter Uni Confessions’ Facebook page closes after uni pressure

The University has forced the ‘Exeter Uni Confessions’ Facebook page to SHUT DOWN.

The site, which bagged 1500 likes since it was launched three weeks ago, has disappeared from Facebook and cannot be found on Google.

A university spokesperson said: “The University is aware of this site. When so many other students are working hard to build a positive impression of student life, it is a great shame that this is getting attention.

“It is a great shame that this is getting attention” – uni statement

“We would advise students not to get involved. We understand that a number of other universities have confessions sites; Facebook tells us that they do not contravene their guidelines.”

As reported by the Tab last week, the site encouraged students to anonymously send in their most “disgusting, hilarious and embarrassing confessions” from their time at University in Exeter.

Favourite stories included: “This one time in first year I accidently stole a park bench from outside Rowe House and took it 3 floors up into my room. Woke up the most confused man alive.”

Replacement

But now there are no traces that it ever existed as the Facebook page and the link to the site on Google all show ‘no matches’.

The administrators behind the page, (who remain anonymous), have stated “We delete all confessions, as we post them so they cannot be traced. Any confession is made purely by that person’s choice.

A replacement – Exeter Student Confessions – has sprung up in its place. The page offers the same service as its predecessor, and is expected to remain up as it does not infringe on the University’s trademarked name.

What do you think about this story? Let us know in the comment section below or tweet us @exetertab