We’re in student paradise says Sunday Times

Yesterday we told you Exeter is uni of the year, now we bring you the glowing praise in full.

We’ve already been dubbed Sexeter, and acknowledged as the UK’s number one party unay.

But now Exeter has got the personal seal of approval from Rupert Murdoch himself.

The Sunday Times University Guide hailed Exeter as a “student utopia”, lavishing praise on the new £50 million forum.

The guide said: “As the new term begins, Exeter’s students are luxuriating in the surroundings of the Forum.”

We are ranked fifth for student satisfaction (with 91% of students satisfied), and fifth for the proportion of firsts and 2:1s – 82.8 per cent.

Vice-chancellor Steve Smith gets the plaudits for reading all 4,260 responses to last years National Student Survey (NSS).

He told the Sunday Times: “Students are our lifeblood. If we get in wrong with the NSS, we are getting it wrong with our students.”

Exeter does not actually top the league table – coming in at seventh place – but won the University of the Year prize in recognition of outstanding student experience.

But it wasn’t all good news – Guild President Nick Davies hit out at the uni’s nightlife calling it our WORST FEATURE.

The Vital Stats
Average graduate salary: £20,781
Undergraduates: 12,573
Postgraduates: 3,466
State school: 66.8%
Student/staff ratio: 18.5 to 1

Performance
Teaching excellence: 82.3% (fifth place)
Student satisfaction: 91% (15th)
Research quality: 65.4% (27th)
Unemployment: 7.7% (45th)
Firsts and 2:1s: 82.8% (5th)
Dropout rate: 3.6% (9th)
World ranking: 182