Unay of the Year

Exeter has been named university of the year by the Sunday Times

Exeter has been named university of the year by the Sunday Times University Guide.

It is the first time we have nabbed the top spot, after making the shortlist four times in recent years.

We are now ranked seventh in the country overall.

University of Exeter Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Professor Sir Steve Smith said: “I am absolutely thrilled that the University of Exeter has been named University of the Year by The Sunday Times.

“This is an extremely prestigious award and reflects the hard work and dedication of all our staff and students.

“This has been a phenomenal year for the University. Over the past 12 months, we have joined the Russell Group, made it into the top 200 universities in the world and welcomed Her Majesty The Queen to open the Forum.”

Alastair McCall, Editor of The Sunday Times University Guide, said: “Exeter’s success as The Sunday Times University of the Year is richly deserved.

“Shortlisted for the top award no less than four times in the past decade, it has consistently embodied the very best in British higher education.

“More than four in five leave with a first or 2:1 and very few drop out. It is not hard to see why.”