A bright future for American Football

The Exeter Demons will begin their new season with high hopes. Having added two new coaches to their ranks, in the form of Stephen Jones (linebackers) and Scott Bebbington (offensive line), and securing […]

The Exeter Demons will begin their new season with high hopes. Having added two new coaches to their ranks, in the form of Stephen Jones (linebackers) and Scott Bebbington (offensive line), and securing a lucrative sponsorship deal with Walkabout, the Demons look to further improve their chances for the season with the introduction of a pre-season training camp.

As the regular season doesn’t kick off until early November, the club has more time than most to prepare for their first game. The Demons hope to boost their chances by organising a preseason weekend residential training camp, including tuition from some of the best coaches in the UK, and details of this should be available early next month.

Publicity has been of upmost importance for the offseason, as it has been difficult to attract substantial interest in the club in previous years, given the large presence of rugby and lacrosse on campus.

As the Demons go into their fourth season in the British Universities American Football League, they hope to attract a large group of rookies to help take the club forward, and have been campaigning hard on campus to create greater interest in this up and coming sport.