The Rough Guide to the Forum Shop

From that much needed sugar rush to an ample supply of stationary or even that bottle of gin when things get a bit tough, I give you the forum shop.

forum shop

With revision getting more and more difficult to avoid, the Forum Shop continues to offer a great source of procrastination as students haunt its shiny new shelves.

But do you know everything that lurks between those glass walls?

1. Hand- held Massagers

You have spent hours hunched over your revision notes /protecting your laptop from the eyes of those who might judge you for being on Facebook. Your back is aching from carrying around the much-needed stationary that you bought on day one of revision. It doesn’t matter that much of it is unused. What you need to de-stress and revolutionize your time and back in the library is a hand-held massager. While not as good as the real thing, for just £1.49 this trusty tool can be used on your own or with others to stimulate pleasurable effects. If you like many out there have lost loved ones due to having had your nose stuck in a book, this could be a chance to revise your social skills.

2. Foldaway Trolleys

Consider yourself a trendsetter? Bored of your sturdy rucksack? Killing practicality and fashion with one stone, you could try a foldaway shopping trolley. At only £5.99, it won’t be long until campus is throbbing with them.

3. International Food

Whether you want to experience some culture or are feeling far from home during exam time, the forum shop offers a range of different cuisines. But yes, the sandwiches at lunchtime can be hard to come by.

4. Fake Tan

Spending those extra hours in the library may help your results, but it definitely won’t work wonders for your skin tone. If you’re lacking that crucial vitamin D and healthy glow shortly before the end of exams celebrations, I highly suggest a trip to the shop to pick up some St Moritz. Keeping Exeter’s girls orange at £3.49 because nobody likes Casper.

5. Pregnancy Tests

Had a heavy night at TP? Can’t remember the ins and outs? Feeling rough this morning in the library and assuming the worst? Or are you feeling nauseous and piling on the pounds like a whale? You’d like to think it’s just indigestion, but you are three months late. May I suggest a quick test to put you and your library companions out of your misery? Put your mind to rest for a mere £2.49.

So while the Forum Shop may be your financial ruin some day soon you’ll be asking yourself, just what you did before the advent of your daily yoghurt covered apricots.

Personally, I sob a little just thinking about it. As the late nights draw in, you’ll find me strategically placed rocking back and forth between the alcohol and cushions.

Maybe I’ll even see you there.