ALL THE PHOTOS AND NEWS HERE

Exeter goes bonkers for Liz and Phil

THE QUEEN

After a 63 year absence, Liz returns to Exeter and wows the crowds on every turn of her day long tour. 

The excitement kicked off when Vice Chancellor Steve Smith welcomed her Royal Highness onto campus to meet staff and students. 

Following this the Royal couple toured Exeter’s brand new Forum development meeting representatives from Devon and Cornwall and some of the University's world-leading researchers.

Moving like clockwork, the massive security operation ushered Lizzy onto a small musical performance which lead onto a Royal luncheon where a select few staff, students and supporters of the University experienced the honour of dining with big Liz. 

However the fun did not stop there. The Queen glided her way through a few more encounters before the big event of the day – the opening ceremony for the new Forum and Hannah Berney’ performance. 

Second year Historian Katie described Berney’s voice as “magical” and added “the Queen was obviously very impressed”.

Katie’s enthusiasm was matched by the Vice Chancellor who said 

“we are immensely proud to be able to welcome The Queen in this, her Diamond Jubilee Year. To be able to play a part in the magnificent nationwide celebrations to mark such a momentous achievement is something which we can all, quite rightly, be proud of."

Photos courtesy of Jess Phillips, Tori Brazer, Tom Payne and our friends at Exepose.