The Queen: Where And When?

Excitement is beginning to build in Exeter as the Queen’s visit to Devon draws ever closer.

forum THE QUEEN

Excitement is beginning to build in Exeter as the Queen's visit to Devon draws ever closer.

Unfortunately, students will not be given the opportunity to meet her in Timepiece that evening, but The Drop can reveal the details of her visit.

During a tour of the South West, the Queen and his Royal Highness, The Duke of Edinburgh, will visit Princesshay, 63 years after the Queen officially named the area.

They are expected to arrive in Exeter at 11:30am, where Vice Chancellor Steve Smith has encouraged staff and students alike to come onto campus and welcome them.

On arrival The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will enter the Forum where they will be presented to representatives of the two counties of Devon and Cornwall before meeting some of our world-leading researchers.

There will then be a short musical performance and the official opening to be followed by a reception and lunch. These will be attended by invited staff, students and supporters of the University.

The Queen will then meet a group of residents who were there when HRH Princess Elizabeth visited to inaugurate the post-war Princesshay development.

Then the Queen will attend the opening ceremony for the University’s new Forum development, where Hannah Berney will sing to her.

Vice Chancellor of the University, Sir Steve Smith has said:

"It goes without saying that we are immensely proud to be able to welcome The Queen in this, her Diamond Jubilee Year. To be able to play a part in the magnificent nationwide celebrations to mark such a momentous achievement is something which we can all, quite rightly, be proud of."

So whether you're on campus to catch a glimpse of the Queen or simply for another boring day of lectures, check out the full schedule for the day here.