Hannah Berney shines through the crowd

Hannah Berney on revising between rehearsals, her pre-match nerves and the outfits she wears on stage.

Hannah Berney The Voice

This weekend Hannah Berney, Exeter University’s offering to the hit talent show The Voice, will be singing for survival and facing the public vote for the first time.

Last night saw the first live rounds in the competition with two contestants, Sam Buttery from Team Tom and Sophie Griffin from Team Will.i.am, being kicked out.

Hannah took part in a group performance of You Get What You Give by The New Radicals and really shone out amongst her fellow contestants.

She gave us at The Drop a quick update with how she’s getting on!

SB: How did you feel watching the live show this week?

HB: It was incredible, the other teams really pulled out of the bag! Absolutely nerve wracking to watch the results come in, it could have been anyone as the standard was so high. Personal highlights for me were Leanne Mitchell, she made me cry a little, and Frances Wood was such a shock, absolute performer. Very sad to see both Sophie and Buttery go, who were not only so lovely to have around in rehearsals, but also unique voices. Next week it's my turn…

SB: How did you find doing the group performance and performing live for the first time?

HB: It was so much fun to learn, loved the choreography, loved performing in a big group for a change and loved having a little boogie. Very scared of falling off the platform at the top though!

SB: I absolutely love the clothes you wear on the show; where are they from?

HB: The pink dress from the battles is from ASOS but we customised the sleeves and the wedges were from New Look. Last night I wore a Topshop playsuit which was splattered in blue paint – and my boots were Jeffrey Campbell 'Lita' boots in suede.

SB: Everyone is currently struggling with revision, how are you coping with balancing The Voice with work?

HB: I'm revising in between rehearsals. I bring my lecture notes in with me like a right geek! I'm rock and roll me.

It’s great to see Hannah have so much fun, even with all the stress of revision and rehearsals. Here at The Drop we can’t wait to see her live solo this weekend!

If Hannah’s voice has won you over, don’t forget to vote! With the whole of Exeter Uni behind her, she just needs you to pick up the phone on Saturday night and keep her in!

Show your support by following her on Twitter @HannahBerney

Here at the Drop we’ll be bringing you an after show interview with Hannah to see how she felt about it all, and catch up on her wardrobe.

Hannah, best of luck in rehearsals this week and for the main show!