XTV NaSTA Success

Our University’s TV wins a ton of awards and wins the bid to host the 40th NaSTA ceremony!

awards nastas xtv

Exeter’s Student Television Station, XTV, had a roaring success at this year’s NaSTAs.

The National Student Television Association awarded Exeter with:

Winner of Best Factual Programming for "Cameo" (producers: David Brake & Stephen O'Nion)
Highly Commended Best Documentary for "The Longest Week" (producers: Mike Evans, Dan Orton & Rob Seabrook)
Highly Commended Video to Music for "Good Intentions" (producer: Calum Baker)
Highly Commended Best On-Screen Female: Lindsey Harris

Dan Orton, XTV co-station manager told The Drop:

"My co-station manager, Mike Evans, and I are incredibly proud of all the members of XTV this year. To win four awards is an amazing achievement for us (only 3 out of the other 31 stations achieved better than that) and is testament to XTV's hard work and dedication to creating quality student television. 

"I am truly honoured to have run the station this year and I am equally humbled by the astounding talent surrounding me. I am confident XTV can only keep getting better – bring on NaSTA 2013!"

Rob Seabrook, who will be co-station manager next year and so will be organising next year's ceremony, said: "I am so proud of what XTV has achieved this year, and the awards we won speak volumes for the hard work put in by so many dedicated members.

"Countless hours have been put into preparing a bid to host the NaSTA awards in Exeter in 2013, and clearly it has paid off. Now we have the challenge of putting together the best conference possible, particularly as 2013 sees the 40th anniversary of NaSTA.

"I am anticipating a year of challenges, but have no doubt that we can pull off a fantastic conference and awards weekend."

Haven’t had a chance to check out any of their videos? Here’s the link!

Plus you can follow them on Twitter and Facebook!