Radio 1 set to Rock up in Devon

1,000 FREE tickets for Exeter Uni students.

devon festival

Radio 1 are set to begin the summer by hosting an eagerly anticipated music festival in Devon.

Some of the UK’s biggest and best DJ’s are set to grace Paignton Green, Torbay, on May 19th , before an expected crowd of 8,000 people.

Chris Moyles, Fearne Cotton, Zane Lowe, Annie Mac, Pete Tong, Mistajam and Danny Howard are those who are already confirmed to perform.

Join this with performances from Example, Jaguar Skills and Eric Prydz, the event is set to be huge.

The festival is also exclusive to local youngsters.

Exeter University is set to receive 1,000 tickets which they will hand out for free, and so demand for the festival is set to be high.

BBC Devon reported that “ The DJ and dance music event, will be the only event of its kind outside London and is expected to attract a sell-out crowd of young music lovers.”

The festival also coincides with the arrival of the Olympic flame in Britain one day before it reaches South Devon after embarking from Land’s End.

Jason Carter, Radio 1 event director, said: “Radio 1 are very excited to finally be returning to the South coast. We have a great summer of events for this really special Olympic year for the UK and are delighted to be launching our summer in Torbay with such a great DJ line-up.”

The event will also be broadcast live on BBC Radio 1 and Radio 1Xtra from 4pm to 11pm.

So whether this event comes smack bang in your exams or just after, this free festival is certainly not to be missed.