Lust for Lipstick: Coral and Orange

British Summer time has arrived, and what better way to transform your campus wardrobe than by investing in this season’s key lipstick shades.

2012 boots coral Exeter lipstick orange Spring Summer superdrug

As anyone who knows me can tell you, I can't go a day without lipstick.

So, I've decided to put my addiction to good use and point out which brands and shades I feel are worth grabbing.

My focus – the takeover of coral and orange.

Topshop

'Lips in Ohh La La'
£8.00 – 4.5 stars online

'Lips in Infrared'
£8.00 – 4.5 stars online

'Lip Stick in Hedonist' – described as Fluro Orange in colour
£7.00
NEW

Two gorgeous coral and peach coloured lipsticks very much on trend to compliment an outfit with muted tones and patterns. The new Lip Stick is perfect for applying between lectures, its bold colour certain to make a statement.

Rimmel London

'No. 12' in the Kate Collection
£5.49 at Superdrug
Currently in a 3 for 2 promotion

Bold colour in a slick black container, truly the work of Kate Moss. Described as “a true chic treat. Unique, sexy and unconventional, just like Kate”, and at £5.49 it's worth trying.

'Coral in Gold' from the Lasting Finish Lipstick Collection
£4.99 at Boots

A colour from my favourite collection which provides a subtle tint to your lips if applied gently, as well as a slight shimmer. Rarely needs to be reapplied. A very worthwhile investment.

'Firecracker' from the Lasting Finish Lipstick Collection
£4.99 at Boots

Particularly on trend, a lipstick which leaves your lips feeling moisturised and provides the perfect pout. A typical treat from this collection, the stick smells wonderful and once applied, lasts. I'm rarely spotted without wearing this particular shade, and can't recommend it enough.

L’Oreal

'Dating Coral 301' from the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick Collection

£7.99 at Boots

Caress your lips to add a hint of this gorgeous colour, a gentle wash upon the lips rather than matte finish. Perfect for subtle day use, but can be built up for the night. Overall, very light and moisturising.

Revlon

'Smoked Peach' from the Revlon Matte Lipstick collection
£7.49 at Boots

A lipstick that stays, good value, grants the appearance of fuller lips, moisturising, matte appearance so no unwanted shine.

'Coral' from the Revlon ColorBurst Collection
£7.99 at Boots

A tiny bit pricier than the previous lipstick, but promises for a very bold, dramatic colour to make a statement without saying a word. Feels creamy and soft upon the lips, whilst contained in elegant packaging – a wonderful accessory to whip out of your handbag.

MAC

Watch me Simmer’ from the Shop M.A.C Lipstick Collection
£13.50 and available online

Notorious for bold makeup, this lipstick doesn’t let the brand down. I absolutely love the colour and the exciting packaging.

Benefit

‘Saucy (Sparkling Tangerine)’ from the Full Finish Lipstick Collection
£14 and available at Boots

A gorgeous colour, and if you’re a slave to the Benefit range then this is a must have to your collection. Can give quite a glossy look to the lips, and similar to the rest of the Benefit products, you will need to reapply quite a few times throughout the day/night.

Lancome

‘No. 153’ from the Lancome Le Rouge Absolue – Moisturising Lipstick
£19.50 at Boots

‘No. 170 Coral Ardent’ from the Lancome Le Rouge Absolue – Moisturising Lipstick
£19.50 at Boots

Two slightly more expensive lipsticks, but notoriously smooth and gentle to use. It moisturises without appearing greasy or smudging easily, and is available in a wude variety of shades.