Best Of The South West: Varsity 2012

Exeter Uni V Bath Uni this weekend

bath yni exeter uni varsity

Exeter are preparing to go toe to toe with sporting giants Bath University in the South West Varsity this coming weekend.

With more than a 1000 spectators already confirmed on Facebook, the two giants of South West sport are attracting a serious degree of publicity as the two cities fight for bragging rights.

The event begins at Bath Uni from 1030 with Netball, Badminton, Rugby League, Lacrosse, Women’s football and Women’s Rugby all in action.

As the day progresses, two of the most eagerly awaited encounters begin as Exeter 1s in both football and Rugby take centre stage.

Twerton Park, the home of Bath City FC is the venue as Bath 1s and Exeter 1s contest the South West Football bragging rights.

If that wasn’t enough, the day finishes with a huge encounter at the Recreation Ground, home of Bath Rugby, at 5.30. Bath are flying high at the pinnacle of the Premiership South, with their only defeat being at Sandy Park, Exeter, earlier in the season.

Following this intriguing encounter, the cup will then be presented to the Varsity champions of 2012.

All events are free to attend, and the City of Bath are expecting thousands of students to flock across the city to see the games.