Olympic torch route – REVEALED!

Don’t miss out on a once in a life time event!

Olympics Summer

It’s nearly impossible not to get swept up in Olympic fever and here at The Drop we’re giving you an easy and free way to get involved in this once in a lifetime event!

Plus it gives you a great break from exam-stress and will give you a fantastic community buzz.

Exeter is one of 70 locations across the UK to host the Torch, and only 2 days after its journey begins from Lands End in Cornwall.

Sunday 20th May sees Olympic celebrations in Devon kicking off with an evening celebration at the Cathedral Green at 5.30pm until 7pm. The celebration is free, but ticketed with 8,000 available.

The Flame will have been carried along Bridge Road, onto Topsham Road and through Southernhay before reaching the Cathedral (hopefully meaning you can catch a glimpse without dealing with excessive crowds round the Green).

Any early birds should get down to the Quay on Monday May 21st at 7.25am for the beginning of the Torch Relay which will head towards Okehampton on its way out of Exeter.

The Olympic Torch will travel 8,000 miles around the UK, coming in within 10 miles of 95% of the population.

Its journey will end on July 27th at the London opening ceremony, 68 days after it visits Exeter.

Exeter City Council is also planning a packed daytime programme of celebratory activities, suggesting a “carnival atmosphere” on their website.

Highpoints provide the chance to try canoeing, football shoot-outs with Exeter City players, mountain biking, road running, parkour and dance, parade workshops as well as street theatre, an under 5's zone, music, an inspirational Cultural Olympiad-themed street parade and much more.” Exeter City Council.

For more information as it is released, keep checking The Drop!