GUILD ELECTION RESULTS

The recent Guild Election results listed here

guild election results

Exeter University has one of the best voter turn outs amongst UK Universities, with a record 6501 votes recorded this year just for the Sabbatical Team election.

The Student Guild’s responsibilities include support, advice, representation, entertainment and generally making sure you have the best university experience possible!

Finally, after weeks of hard campaigning the results are in!

Campaigns Officer – Alex Louch

Environment & Ethics – Sophie Chung

Equality & Diversity – Charlie Mackay

International Officer (ISC President) – Arda Temizcan

Postgraduate Officer – David Bell

St. Luke's Officer – Kevin Manning & Anna Collin

Student Trustees – Sam Bedlow, Charlie Griffin,
Mark Gibbs, Andrew Miller

Arts' Rep – Lorna Miller

Societies Officer – Jak Curtis-Rendall

Soc Ex Arts – Jasper Hossack

Soc Ex Campaigns – James Roberts

Soc Ex Faith – Dan Dennis

Soc Ex International – Rohan Venkatraman

Soc Ex Cultural – Milda Venslaviciute

NUS Delegates – Jonathan Bagnall, Grace Hopper, Imogen Sanders

Senior Elections Officer – Adam Southall

St. Luke's Councillor – Matthew Thatcher

PG Councillor – David Bell

International Councillor – Brij Tanti

Guild Councillors – George Ward, Lilly Wyatt, Jem
Bauermeister, Eddy Cole, Meritxell Rico, James
Griffiths, Nick Gillham, Sagar Mittal

Disabled Students' Rep – Rosie McHugh

Gender Equality – Deanna Quirke

Mental Health – Alex Phillips

Older Students – Rachel Brown

Racial Equality – Alicia Wedderburn-Graham

Students Abroad – Emma Milton

U/G Faculty Rep – Alex Louch

And in case you’ve forgotten the Sabbatical team for 2012/13 are:

President – Nick Davies

AU President – Joe Batten

VP Participation and Campuses – Jon Bagnall

VP Welfare and Community – Grace Hopper

VP Academic Affairs – Imogen Sanders.

Here at The Drop, we’re lucky enough to have our Culture Editor, Mark Gibbs, elected as a Student Trustee. He’s given us an exclusive quote, as have fellow-trustees Charles Griffin and Sam Bedlow.

MG: "I really am delighted and extremely grateful to have been elected, so a massive thank-you to those who voted. It's an important year for Exeter as the increased student fees finally hit home, and I'm expecting a lot of my work in this position to be focused towards making sure that not only does the Guild know exactly how the students want that money to be spent, but that the students are kept up to date with how the Guild is performing in relation to their objectives. I'll do my utmost to ensure the University of Exeter continues its rise to the top."

"It's been a pleasure to campaign alongside Charles for the post, and in conjunction with Sam and Andrew I think we have a really strong team."

CG: ‎"The Trustee Board is the most important decision making body at the Guild and we feel privileged to have been elected to it. The elections were massively competitive, and we're delighted by the calibre of the people we now have the opportunity to work alongside."

SB: "It's an honour to be elected and I'm very grateful to everyone who voted. I look forward to representing Exeter students and promise to carry out my duties solely in the interest of the Guild."