Exeter’s Next Top Model? Casting agency comes looking

Modelling agency Crazy Fish hold an open casting in Exeter to look for the hottest new talent around.

crazyfish Exeter fashion model

Family run model agency Crazy Fish held their first open casting at the Phoenix on Saturday as part of their ‘Target 100’ campaign to take on 100 new models in the South West.

Though a relatively new agency, the owners have over 30 years experience in the fashion and entertainment industry.

The agency is based in Braunton, North Devon but runs through the UK and internationally. In order to expand their books and establish the agency they are looking to take on more local models from the South West.

Their work ranges hugely from catwalk to PR and promotions; therefore they are not pursuing one 'look': men and women of all ages, shapes and sizes and even some children and families are all considered.

Crazy Fish were especially looking to take on some fresh faced, healthy looking girls to cater to the needs of the South West clients who are generally going for a sporty outdoorsy look and are not interested in the six foot, size eight models we see in high fashion campaigns.

However if they think a girl has promise but would be more suited to the bigger agencies in London, such as Storm and Premier, they will recommend them. 

On Saturday the Voodoo lounge, above Exeter Phoenix, was buzzing with excitement. Potential models had to go through three stages, first being interviewed, then going on to catwalk and a mini photo shoot with owner of the company, Paul Salmon. There was a good mix of students and locals from Exeter and the surrounding area.

Once the agency decides to sign a model, depending on their look, they will work with the agency’s stylist and/or a catwalk trainer (who has worked with the likes of Naomi Campbell!) to prepare them for the modelling world. Camilla, the senior model booker will then find them work, which could be local, in London or even abroad.

For those interested in applying to the agency visit http://www.crazyfish.biz