Felon Armitage?

Saxons and London Irish full-back allegedly hits the town a little too hard.

delon armitage england saxons Rugby

Just hours after partaking in a convincing England Saxons victory over their Irish counterparts at Exeter's Sandy Park, Delon Armitage received a red card from Devon and Cornwall Police.

The full-back, capped 26 times by the national team, was arrested in the early hours of Sunday morning outside a Torquay nightclub on suspicion of assault.

Armitage, who posed for pictures with Drop correspondents at the game, has subsequently been 'dropped' from the Saxons side by Stuart Lancaster, who was hired as England coach in order to iron out the rowdy and erratic behaviour that marred England's World Cup campaign in the autumn.

A Devon and Cornwall Police spokeswoman said: "In the early hours of Sunday, January 29, 2012, a 28-year-old man from the Middlesex area was arrested in Torquay on suspicion of assault following an altercation in a local nightclub.

"The man was taken to Torquay police station and interviewed regarding the incident. He was later released on police bail until March 21, 2012 while investigations continue.

"A local man received a split lip during the incident but did not require medical treatment."

Perhaps Delon should 'try' to stay out of trouble in the future.