The Honest Answer

Miss Exeter solves all your problems

agony aunt problems satirical

We all have that one friend we come to for advice. Ours? Why, Miss Exeter of course! Here's the latest:

Dear Miss Exeter,

I am a second year student and have been going out with my boyfriend for almost a year. We’re not living together, which all my friends say is a sensible thing, but I’m increasingly finding myself more and more jealous of his female housemate and close friend. She’s very pretty and I can’t help thinking that something is going on between them when I’m not there – am I being paranoid?

Yours Sincerely,
A Troubled Girlfriend

Dear Troubled Girlfriend,

Quit your moaning because you’re probably right. If I were him, I’d definitely be sleeping with her on the side. I suggest you break up with your boyfriend on Facebook and start a nasty rumour that the female in question has chlamydia.

Best Wishes,
Miss Exeter

Dear Miss Exeter,

I am a final year and I am struggling to cope with my coursework. I get very distracted and am too easily persuaded to go out when asked by friends. I start the day with good intentions, but I find approaching daunting essays difficult and I don’t want to miss out on socialising. What do you suggest?

Yours Sincerely,
Unfocused Finalist

Dear Unfocused Finalist,

Oh dear – what a pickle! Perhaps subconsciously you wish to remain unemployed forever? Whilst I’ve heard approaching essays after a night out can be highly productive, if you’re good at multitasking, this option isn't for everyone. If that’s simply not you, you could try getting yourself permanently banned from Exeter’s wide variety of clubs. From what I’ve gathered it shouldn’t be too difficult. Good luck!

Best Wishes,
Miss Exeter