Here are five cheap destinations you absolutely have to visit during Edi’s reading week

If you’re also browsing Skyscanner during tutorials, this is your sign

With the recently announced strikes essentially meaning all of February is Reading Week, why not take yourself away and work in a new environment? As a travel aficionado, here are my best finds all during Flexible Learning Week! (And in order of price for your reading pleasure)

*Prices accurate at the time of publishing

1. Dublin: £27

Fly Tuesday to Thursday for this cracking deal under £30. Sick of the English? Get some craic in you with a bit of the black whilst exploring Temple Bar. For the cultured, go see the Book of Kells at Trinity College, Dublin before heading to the National Museum of Literature for a peek at the best literature in the world ( though I’m a wee bit biased!)

2. Gdansk: £28

Just pipped to the post by Dublin, Gdansk, as one of Poland’s northern cities has plenty still to offer and is easy on your wallet. Enjoy freshly made hot pierogi amidst this fairytale town, with gorgeous colourful houses along the shore. Travel Wednesday to Saturday for the cheapest flights.

3. Bucharest: £34

Fly Monday to Thursday for this steal of a price. Romania is an up and coming secret gem in Eastern Europe and in Bucharest you can find a mixture of gorgeous architecture, visit the second largest infrastructure building in the world ( Palace of Parliament) and then dander down the art nouveau districts for some less imposing style. A day trip to several Dracula-style castles is also available!

4. Copenhagen: £37

Copenhagen is my favourite of the Scandi cities and I am sure you’ll love it too! Go to Nyhavn for some gorgeous Instagram pictures after your cultural quota of the day in the Glypotek. This deal is available Wednesday to Saturday so be sure to check out the fireworks every night on the weekend at Tivoli – one of the oldest amusement parks in the world! Pints come at a heavy price though in Scandinavia so this trip is best for the sober-curious (the time I paid £16 for a pint still haunts me)

5. Paris: £54

Rounding off this list with the city of love, take your fourth floor boyfriend to Paris Monday to Friday for some special one on one time. Under 25’s with a valid European passport can enjoy free entry into the likes of the Louvre and Château de Versailles. A croissant for breakfast could even beat the likes of the JMCC.